As you may be aware, ISID’s Guide to Infection Control in the Hospital has been immensely popular, with over 50,000 copies distributed around the world. The ISID has freely given most of these copies to physicians, nurses and other health care workers in many of the most needed parts of the world. In 2015, we also made the 5th Edition of the Guide available in PDF format with more than 10,000 unique downloads from 160 countries since then.
The Guide has become a valuable reference on infection control practices. We recently completed a survey of current Guide users and based on feedback from more than 7,000 users, will include recommendations on implementing IPC measures in under-resourced regions in the next edition. To maximize reach, we are updating the Guide to a webpage format which can be viewed on a desktop and mobile device. The editors plan to have a completely revised edition of the Guide (6th edition) by March 2018, in time for the 18th International Congress on Infectious Diseases in Buenos Aires (March 1-4, 2018).
To ensure completion by March 2018 we are looking for section editors.
SECTION EDITOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Be available between November 2017 and February 2018 to review and edit up to 4 select chapters with a focus on implementing Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measures in low and middle income countries
– Provide input on graphics, pictograms and decision trees to facilitate the implementation of IPC measures in low- and middle-income countries
– Identify authors and co-authors from your respective region of the world as needed
– Participate in conference calls with editors, other section editors and ISID staff members to set priorities to develop the Guide further
SECTION EDITOR REQUIREMENTS:
– Strong understanding of infectious diseases clinical practice in under-resourced settings
– Strong understanding of regional infection prevention and control (IPC) practices and gaps
– Good communication skills and ability to work with colleagues from around the world
– Minimum requirements include an MD with training in infectious diseases or a Ph.D. with experience in infectious disease related work
No compensation will be offered, but as a Section Editor of ISID’s Guide to Infection Control, you will join a team of skilled infectious diseases practitioners leading the way in infection prevention and control. Committed to high quality, evidence-based information distributed free of charge, Guide Editors make an impact on a global scale.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a short statement (not more than 350 words) describing your interest in the section editor position to Laurence Mialot <email@example.com> and copy Dr. Gonzalo Bearman <firstname.lastname@example.org> who will be managing the revision of the Guide.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.